Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hobby Lobby is a Dangerous Place

I think I will have to limit how often I can go to hobby lobby...there is too much temptation there. I went in for more clay and left with way more then that. I ended up getting some air dray clay and some paper clay as well. As I said before I've been using pretty much only Sculpey. It's still what is most comfortable for me but I still want to try other kinds as well. I ended up spending most of today fiddling around with the air dry clay I bought. I'm not a huge fan of painting my pieces after they are set so I usually color my clay before sculpting it. This is a bit harder with the air dry clay and I can't get supper vibrant colors so I probably won't use it for things like fruit but I think that it will work well for making baked goods.

 I find making berries to be quite therapeutic 
the fruits of today's labor
I think I like the air dry clay for making bread

In other news, I got my colored hot glue sticks in the mail today and some blank phone cases yesterday...I just have to pick up some more silicone and I can start making up some deco-den phone cases! 

No comments:

Post a Comment