Saturday, June 22, 2013

Baked Goods and Ice Cream

I was at Daiso the other day and decided to pick up some of their air dry clay. I know that other people use it for deco-den but I had never bought it before. I don't find it as easy to work with as polymer clay because it can dry out as you work with it and it does not have as smooth of a finish but I like it a lot! It is supper lightweight and fluffy! Perfect for making ice cream scoops. The white is really white and easy to color with my drawing chalks.

Some are going to become yummy sundays!

I also made a bunch of doughnuts this week. I used the air dry clay for some of them because I like how lightweight it is but ended up going back to polymer clay because it is easier to sculpt.

Doughnuts are always fun to make...especially when it comes to decoration! 

Cupcakes:


Oh cupcakes...I still haven't settled on a way of making cupcakes that I really like. These turned out ok but I'm still not satisfied.  I want to be able to make the base out of clay and then frost them with silicone but I am having a surprisingly hard time sculpting a realistic looking base. Thus the cupcake adventure continues...

I also made some chocolate sandwich cookies for fun...you can never go wrong with some little oreos ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment